This article is for parents who are concerned about their newborn’s safety in the hospital. In this article, we are going to teach you some signs of a potential birth injury case, what to look for in a medical malpractice case and the common medical mistakes that led to the injury.
Birth injuries happen more often than one may think, but they’re not always easy to detect. If your child was born with any of these symptoms, it could be a sign that something went wrong during the pregnancy or birth process that led to an injury.
Possible Signs of a Birth Injury
While common law establishes that mothers must prove to show that the doctor’s negligence caused their injury, this is not always an easy task. Mothers may have difficulty remembering what happened during labor and delivery and may not know about potential clues or signs of a potential birth injury.
There are some signs a mother should be aware of when looking for evidence of a potential birth injury case:
- Lack of oxygen to the baby at the time it was born: Babies will often have impaired brain development, cerebral palsy, seizures or intellectual disabilities as well as other symptoms.
- Birth injuries happen in the delivery room and can cause lifelong disabilities. There are some signs a mother should be aware of when looking for evidence of a potential birth injury case. One sign is lack of oxygen to the baby at the time it was born: babies will often have impaired brain development, speech delays and poor motor skills.
- Risky vaginal delivery: Babies delivered vaginally are at risk for certain injuries such as tears in their anal membrane, head injuries from injuring their head on the cervix. A C-section is a sometimes much safer option and would result in fewer injuries.
The signs of a potential birth injury case are as follows:
– The child’s head, face, or body looked swollen, misshapen, or deformed.
– The child had a decreased tone in the arms and/or legs.
– The child had breathing problems.
– The baby was not able to swallow and suck.
– The baby had seizures or shaking episodes that lasted for more than 5 minutes.
If you’ve already retained a local accident lawyer, he or she will ask for all of your records, reports, and any other information about what happened during and after the delivery. The lawyer will also request that the hospital preserves your medical records for review by the defense if necessary. Once you have all of this information in one place, your lawyer can perform an investigation and come up with a plan to move forward.
The work of a lawyer is usually the most important element of the process. The lawyer will be the one to do an investigation into your potential claim. They will interview you and reach out to other people who may have knowledge about what happened to you. They can also order tests and talk with medical professionals. Lawyers do this in order to establish as much evidence as they can that supports your case or disproves it completely.
R.A Bronx Injury Accident Firm 1231 Lafayette Avenue Bronx NY 10474 (718) 682-3476 https://injuryaccidentbronx.com/